Fishing at the Old Quarry Betchworth
As its getting colder and the pike anglers are coming out to play 😄 just a few rules…….
Treble hooks are allowed semi barbed.
Minimum 40lb braid main line or 30 mono.
Please have the correct line on as we have lost a few nice pike in the past from people not fishing with sufficient tackle.
Thanks from all at the old quarry.
Currently the lake holds:
- Carp up to 30lb
- Tench up to 8lb
- Roach and Rudd up to 3lb
- Perch up to 3lb
- Bream up to 15lb
- Pike up to 25lb
We allow visits on a day ticket basis and night fishing is available by appointment only .
We even have a cabin to hire so you can enjoy your night fishing in true comfort. Have a look at the photos below to see how truly comfortable our cabin is:
We have a few rules which you are asked to observe.
- Barbless hooks at all times
- Unhooking mats are to be use at all times
- All fish to be returned immediately to the water
- Please have respect for other fisherman by not playing music or making excessive noise
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times
- Any rubbish must be taken with you when you leave.
Please note that if you are carp fishing cradles must be used, if you require one please ask as there will be one located at the lodge on the lake.
All rules must be applied. Consequences for not following rules could result in being asked to leave with no refund & in worst case being banned from the lake all together.
Prices and Opening Times 2015:
- Day Ticket (dawn till 7am/7pm): £10.00 1 rod / £15:00 2 rods
- 24 Hour Ticket (by appointment only): £30
- Fishing Cabin 24 hours £60 – Sleeps Two
- Use of a keep net (silver fish only) £3:00
- fishery will close at 7.00pm every evening there is no evening ticket.
If you need more information then please contact us
Have a look at our Fishing Gallery Image